Enjoy the music!


stand alone player

Monday, July 30, 2012

Tikkun Visual

Please enjoy this introductory clip of my 3-disc CD called Tikkun. We are created in the image of G-d. As such, our reason for existence is to reflect G-d’s Light. Creation begins with G-d; void, emptiness, a thought, a breath, chaos changing to form. As we have been created, so we create. Creativity springs forth from within us as G-d works through us. G-d is pleased with us when we reflect back The Light. ------ Sefer Tehillim (The Book of Psalms) is a collection of 150 songs and meditations reflecting a stirring of the heart and an emotional outpouring of the soul. It is a well of creative expression that is available to everyone. Sefer Tehillim represents a complete musical system of which we know very little. Talmudic sages have taught that the original Hebrew text of the Psalms contains profound hidden wisdom. Rebbe Nachman of Breslov z"l (1772-1810) taught that there are ten psalms, when recited as a whole, will bring about a complete spiritual healing. He called these ten the Tikkun HaKlali (The Complete Remedy). --------------- The Ten Psalms comprising the Tikkun HaKlali are: 16, 32, 41, 42, 59, 77, 90, 105, 137, 150 -------------------------------- The Tikkun HaKlali crossed my path many times over the years, but I paid little attention. I, like so many others, was “asleep”. In 1995, in the midst of a personal life change, it found me again, yet only for a moment. By the year 2004 the Tikkun HaKlali has at long last become central in my life. I am awake and listening. This CD was a long time in coming. It is a work that was born of khesed (lovingkindness). There are so many people to whom I would like to express my heartfelt thanks: First and foremost to G-d for the constant nudges and whacks, and for always standing in my way! To Aaron, Greg, and Chris, whose sincere devotion to this project has been nothing less than awesome; to Inbal and Eran, my loving and patient children; to Aaron’s children, Rowan and Lorian; to my Dad, who always supports the artist in me; to Karen Satz for her enthusiasm, support and encouragement; to the Tobi Family, and to Zo Tobi for the healing hand artwork and logo (www.zotobi.com); to Chana, B.F. & W.O.W, for everlasting wisdom and friendship; to Rav Avraham Greenbaum, author of The Wings of the Sun (Breslov Research Institute, Jerusalem) who gave me the first words of encouragement to go forward with this work; to Rav Shalom Brodt for a thumbs up; to the Breslover Institute whose ein sof devotion to Reb Nachman has enlightened me and all those who seek to know; and to all who listen to this work with open ears and loving hearts. Please take these songs as your own and let them do their work for, and through you.

No comments:

Post a Comment